your Business English
Research shows that international companies expect employees to be fluent in English.
Make sure to not miss out on career opportunities due to mediocre Business English skills.
Does this sound familiar?
- Often, you know AFTERWARDS what would have been the best way to articulate your point of view.
- You get moist hands and a higher heart beat, when you have to explain complex topics to native english speakers.
- You don’t speak up in team meetings, as you fear to make mistakes – and one will not give value to the things that you contribute, as a consequence.
- You feel embarrassed if someone asks you to repeat something.
- Or … are you simply afraid that you won’t have the right word at the tip of your tongue when you need it?
Years ago, just by knowing, English set you apart from others. It was linked to superior knowledge and a scent of sophistication.
But today, regardless if you even speak different languages or come from places where English is rarely spoken, companies expect you to master it. You have to prove that you are fluent and competent in this main business language.
While general English focuses on the day to day conversation and leans more on a casual tone, the business English involves particular vocabulary, topics and skills that enable you to communicate accurately in the workplace.
Can you hold that level, for sure?
Why Business English is important
„English is now the global language of business. More and more multinational companies are mandating English as the common corporate language.“
Tsedal Neeley / Associate Professor at Harvard Business School
Which are the consequences of igoring that fact?
- Poor English can prevent you from keeping up with professional trends,
- limits you to express your potential,
- may mean to miss out on new career opportunities,
- and can even harm your reputation.
How to improve Business English
SPECIAL PURPOSES ENGLISH offers programs to individuals, companies and institutions who need something more customized. An active teaching style with an experienced professional guarantees rapid progress and results.